Currently, I have several areas in which God has called me to serve.
- My family–I’m a wife of 27 years and also a mom to three children. I have a 21 year-old son, a 17 year-old son and a 14 year-old daughter. These years are hard work, but I wouldn’t trade them for anything.
- My church–After years of volunteering at our local church, I spent one year on staff serving in both youth and children’s ministry. As much as I loved the people I worked with and served, God called me out of my staff role to come home and focus full-time one my new online ministry — Jesus Is My Hashtag.
- Jesus Is My Hashtag Online Ministry –God has placed it upon my heart to spend time writing, speaking and creating resources to help those that work with youth and raise teens. This ministry will allow me to encourage and create training videos and resources for caring adults that work and raise youth. I am excited for what lies ahead in this ministry and can’t wait to see where God takes us! This ministry also includes a weekly podcast — Jesus Is My Hashtag Podcast where I talk all things positive youth development and how that intersects with faith. You can check it out anywhere you listen to podcasts.
- A new writing project–In the middle of creating a new blog, God has also called me to serve specifically teen girls. I am currently writing a devotional for girls this age. I’m not exactly sure of the timeline, but God is. I will keep you updated on this blog about my progress.
- Women’s Ministry–God has also placed a passion on my heart for serving women. I have served in MOPS groups and bible studies. I have held mentoring relationships with young adult women. And, I speak at different conferences on marriage, faith, parenting and self-care.