Currently, I have several areas in which God has called me to serve.
- My family–I’m a wife of 26 years and also a mom to three children. I have a 20 year old son, a 17 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. These years are hard work, but I wouldn’t trade them for anything.
- My church–After years of volunteering at our local church, I am now on staff where I create training videos and resources for small group leaders who work with our middle and high school youth, serve on our elementary program teaching team, and coordinate our ministry for children with special needs. And, most recently I have begun a theater group with middle and high school youth to create a mid-week lesson for our elementary youth. It’s a new season of life for me serving on staff versus volunteering, but my passion for impacting youth hasn’t changed.
- Blogging–God has placed it upon my heart to spend time writing. I have blogged for a while over at Remodeling Our Lives. In the Spring of 2019, God pushed me to focus on young people. And, Jesus is My Hashtag was born. I’ve been busy sorting through God’s direction for me with the blog and 2021 will have much more activity and growing resources.
- A new writing project–In the middle of creating a new blog, God has also called me to serve specifically young women ages 11-14. I am currently writing a devotional for girls this age. I’m not exactly sure of the timeline, but God is. I will keep you updated on this blog about my progress.
- Women’s Ministry–God has also placed a passion on my heart for serving women. I have served in MOPS groups and bible studies. I have held mentoring relationships with young adult women. And, I speak at different conferences on marriage, faith and self-care.